It’s difficult to find the finest VPN for torrenting.
When selecting a VPN specifically for torrenting, there are a number of variables to consider. The most significant ones are listed below:
- Jurisdiction: Probably outside of the United States, with 5, 9, and 14 eyes
- Logging Policy: Choose a VPN that doesn’t keep ANY logs, if possible. A VPN with sufficient speed for downloading huge files
- Speed: A VPN that permits torrenting is called Torrenting Policy (Many VPNs limit and discourage torrenting).
- Torrenting Policy: People who use torrents can conceal their behaviour from their ISP’s prying eyes and add an extra layer of security against hackers who want to take advantage of them by utilising a VPN.
That’s fantastic, no?
However, a lot of the VPNs we tested forbid torrenting. Companies like Hoxx VPN and Hola have the power to fine customers and outlaw torrenting, thereby restricting their access to the internet.
Users who want to torrent need to know which VPNs will work for them and which won’t in order to choose the right one. Here are the top VPNs for torrenting that we’ve discovered from testing them in practise after reviewing 78 different VPNs so far.
Quick Step: How to Torrenting Safely
VPN will let you access all of your favourite streaming TV shows, movies, documentaries, and other streaming content.
1. Pick a VPN provider. We advise using ExpressVPN.
2. Download & Register for a VPN and connect to the server in the country of your choice.
3. Login & Access your streaming platform service.
4. Watch the movies and TV shows you want to.
With a trustworthy VPN, unblock all streaming and sports channels, including free & live streaming.
3 Best VPNs For Private & Safe Torrenting
The following is our ranking of the best 3 VPNs for torrenting in 2023:
1. ExpressVPN: The best VPN on the market
Number of servers: 3,000+ | Speed: Up to 630Mbps | VPN locations: 160 in 94 countries | Maximum devices supported: 5 | 24/7 live chat: Yes | 30 day money back guarantee: Yes
- Rock-solid privacy features
- Apps for just about everything
- Superb for torrenting
- Class-leading 24/7 support
- Slightly more expensive, but well worth it
2. NordVPN: Streaming VPN that is hot on security
Available on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux | Server locations: 80+ in 59 countries | Streaming services unblocked: Netflix, iPlayer, YouTube, Amazon, Hulu | Maximum devices supported: 6
- Unparalleled security smarts
- Reliable unblocking
- High-speed NordLynx protocol
- Great value subscription options
- User experience could still be improved
3. SurfShark: Excellent, great value VPN
Streaming sites unblocked: Netflix, Amazon, Disney, BBC iPlayer | 24/7 support: Yes | Refund period: 30 days | Number of servers: 3,200 | Server locations: 100+ | Countries: 65 | Simultaneous connections: Unlimited
- Eye-catching prices
- Covers unlimited devices
- Excellent unblocking
- Apps can look a little complicated
- Below-par OpenVPN speeds
Comparing VPN Torrenting Policies
It can be challenging to choose the best VPN for your torrenting requirements, but there are several important considerations to keep in mind. When torrenting, you want a VPN that has as little limitations as allowed on your ability to torrent.
Use a VPN service provider that doesn’t keep any records of your personal information, as well. That’s crucial in the event that the government or law enforcement asks for user data.
In the comparison table below, you can compare the logging and torrenting policies of all the VPN services we evaluated.
Does VPN affect torrenting speed?
Yes, the speed of your internet connection may be affected by the VPN you use. However, if your ISP is utilising speed throttling to restrict you, a VPN might also speed up your torrenting.
Also, think about the fact that a VPN adds a second stop to the bus route of your connection and that encryption and decryption require time. Your Internet connection can be slightly slowed down by all of this. However, slowdowns are really minor with services like NordVPN and Surfshark and users won’t even notice them.
Pros of using torrents
- Due to the fact that you are not only dependent on the main central server, peer-to-peer protocols offer better and more secure downloading. You can rely on other sources to finish the download process if one source is not active.
- There is no need to start over if your internet connection is interrupted or if your computer crashes unexpectedly. You will carry out the process once you are connected again.
- Torrent files are simple to find and download. Numerous websites and internet resources offer a sizable collection of high-quality torrent content.
- In contrast to conventional downloading techniques, you can download a torrent file relatively quickly even if your internet connection is poor.
Cons of using torrents
- For torrent files to download, seeds are essential. You won’t be able to complete the operation if a torrent file lacks seeds.
- The file cannot be examined before downloading. Although you won’t be able to see the quality, you will be able to see what the file includes. The only way to perform a quality check is to believe other people’s web reviews.
- You can simultaneously upload and download data using BitTorrent clients. Your internet connection’s speed may be considerably impacted by this operation. There are instances when you won’t be able to do simple things like open a webpage.
- You are making a lot of swarm members aware of your IP address. Use a VPN if you want to keep your privacy secure.
Don’t forget to use caution when downloading anything using torrents. Even while it could seem innocent, if you don’t take caution, you could get into more difficulty than you could have ever thought. Legal oversight to the files themselves, which are frequently a source of virus, are all examples of this. Not to mention that your true IP address is known, making you a more attractive target.
A VPN can reduce the hazards associated with your online activities, but it must be a service you can rely on. Otherwise, you’re just jumping from one fire to another. Decide on a service after doing your study that will protect you even when using a P2P network. For instance, NordVPN offers specialised P2P servers and robust security tools like an instant kill switch and others.
FAQ for Torrenting Safely
Do VPNs make torrenting safe?
Yes, using a VPN when torrenting greatly increases your safety. Because your identity is concealed and untraceable, there is far less chance that you will be fined or that someone will try to hack into your device.
Can a VPN be used when torrenting?
Your IP address may leak if the kill switch on your VPN is malfunctioning. This might be sufficient to establish a case against you. The penalties might range from connection throttling to fines, but you should be prepared for anything.
Can torrenting land you in jail?
Your country and other factors are factors. You won’t go to jail for downloading a music. But if you’re in charge of one of the largest public torrent trackers, that’s a crime (as Peter Sunde and other founders of The Pirate Bay learned in 2009).
What VPN has the highest torrenting speed in 2023?
The best VPN for torrenting is NordVPN. This VPN provides a quick and stable downloading experience with purpose-built servers designed particularly for torrenting.