A Chrome VPN will likely satisfy all of your needs for IP switching, rapid location changes, and access to websites that your ISP has blacklisted. All of that is really alluring without having a desktop software installed.
However, when choosing the best VPN for Chrome, it’s important to exercise caution and due diligence. There are a tons of VPN and proxy extensions available on the Chrome Web Store, and choosing a reliable provider is
is essential when you realized that this small application will actually be able to monitor every bit of your internet activity.
We’ll include the top Chrome VPN extensions on this page, including the most potent paid ones as well as a respectable free option.
Why is the Chrome VPN the best?
For Chrome, there are two types of VPNs: those that work just with Chrome and those that manage the desktop application. For instance, ExpressVPN manages the app you’ve installed on your device from within Chrome; while this has many benefits, it may not be suitable for many users.
You might find a free VPN for Chrome that meets your demands if you simply need the most basic capabilities and don’t require complete encryption, but a more expensive option will be required if you also need comprehensive functionality, privacy protection, or streaming capability.
We’ve compiled a list of the top five Chrome VPNs to aid in your decision-making. ExpressVPN is at the top of the list because it’s simple to use, strong, and best of all, it offers full encryption, something no other Chrome VPN does. Read on to learn about the top five VPNs for Chrome that are currently offered since there are other choices that are well investigating.
Quick Step: The Top Chrome VPN Extension
VPN will let you access all of your favourite streaming TV shows, movies, documentaries, and other streaming content.
1. Pick a VPN provider. We advise using ExpressVPN.
2. Download & Register for a VPN and connect to the server in the country of your choice.
3. Login & Access your streaming platform service.
4. Watch the movies and TV shows you want to.
With a trustworthy VPN, unblock all streaming and sports channels, including free & live streaming.
The Top Chrome VPN Extension
The following is our ranking of The Top Chrome VPN Extension :
1. ExpressVPN: The best VPN on the market
Number of servers: 3,000+ | Speed: Up to 630Mbps | VPN locations: 160 in 94 countries | Maximum devices supported: 5 | 24/7 live chat: Yes | 30 day money back guarantee: Yes
- Rock-solid privacy features
- Apps for just about everything
- Superb for torrenting
- Class-leading 24/7 support
- Slightly more expensive, but well worth it
2. NordVPN: Streaming VPN that is hot on security
Available on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux | Server locations: 80+ in 59 countries | Streaming services unblocked: Netflix, iPlayer, YouTube, Amazon, Hulu | Maximum devices supported: 6
- Unparalleled security smarts
- Reliable unblocking
- High-speed NordLynx protocol
- Great value subscription options
- User experience could still be improved
3. SurfShark: Excellent, great value VPN
Streaming sites unblocked: Netflix, Amazon, Disney, BBC iPlayer | 24/7 support: Yes | Refund period: 30 days | Number of servers: 3,200 | Server locations: 100+ | Countries: 65 | Simultaneous connections: Unlimited
- Eye-catching prices
- Covers unlimited devices
- Excellent unblocking
- Apps can look a little complicated
- Below-par OpenVPN speeds
Do Chrome VPN extensions actually improve your security?
If you are reading this, you undoubtedly already know what a VPN is and what advantages using one may provide. We’re going to concentrate on whether VPN extensions for Chrome offer adequate security or if you should just use specialized VPN program instead. So let’s examine extensions in more detail.
Pros of VPN browser extension
- For Chrome, there are several VPN browser extensions available, including those from the most well-known Virtual Network Providers that need a subscription.
- There are also a lot of free ones available, so you are not required to pay a subscription fee every month.
- Extensions for browsers are simple to use and install; after downloading, the extension appears in the browser’s toolbar.
Pros of VPN browser extension
- Let’s now examine the drawbacks of utilizing a VPN browser plugin.
- The fact that the plugin frequently isn’t a VPN is one of its main drawbacks. One of the main benefits of purchasing a separate VPN package is absent from many extensions. Data encryption of a military-grade is being used. In the event that it is intercepted, this is what renders the data illegible.
- Another risk is the possibility of rogue VPN addons that are sold with the express purpose of obtaining user data.
- Keeping the aforementioned in mind, using an extension could not give you the security you need. The extension may occasionally put your data at risk.
Top Chrome VPN Extension FAQ
Does Chrome has a VPN?
Chrome is incredibly feature-rich, yet it lacks a built-in VPN. That’s not a problem, though, as there are several browser VPNs to choose from, including the top five listed above.
There are some excellent Chrome VPNs that will function just as consistently as their standalone counterparts thanks to Chrome’s stable, straightforward, easy-to-use, and very customizable environment.
If any free Chrome VPN extension?
The prospect of a free Chrome extension is alluring because it offers surfing anonymity and data security for nothing. But in reality, these free services aren’t all that fantastic.
The free service’s revenue source should be taken into account first. Ads are probably going to appear, or, more sinisterly, it might be skimming your data and selling it for cash. You would be better off utilizing no VPN at all if that were the case.
Even though there are several excellent free Chrome VPNs available on this list, you will never be able to obtain a truly solid all-around VPN experience unless you pay.
That, however, need not be expensive. For less than $2.50 a month, Surfshark, for instance, offers a completely safe and feature-rich VPN service (opens in new tab). Its Chrome VPN isn’t strong enough to be included on this list, but it functions effectively as a lightweight proxy extension, and at a price you’d hardly notice, we believe the investment is worthwhile.
If you pick your Chrome VPN addon carefully, it may function in a fairly limited fashion. It will only function, though, if you want to disguise your IP address while using the Chrome browser to browse the internet. Outside of the browser, you won’t receive any protection, and thus, without a paid subscription, free extensions lack the robust encryption and other features that standalone VPN program provide. Unless you use an extension from one of the professional and dependable VPN services, caution should be exercised when using extensions.